Job Role: Cognos Developer
Experience : 3 To 5 Years
Walk-In Date: 08th May 2019
Walk-In Time : 09:00 AM Onwards
Job Location: Hyderabad
FAt FTD, we know that beautiful flowers are a special way to celebrate and honour life’s most memorable moments. Our tradition of excellence in flower delivery began over 100 years ago in 1910 when 15 florists joined together to send floral orders across the U.S. by telegraph. Today, as one of the largest and most trusted online floral and gift retailers in the world, we take pride in being a leader in quality, innovation, artistry and dependability.
- Seeking a Cognos Developer that will be responsible for designing, architecting and implementing large scale data warehouse solutions with an emphasis on ETL and report development.
- The candidate will work with the business, DBAs, ETL developers, and data modellers to deliver comprehensive business-facing BI solutions.
- The ideal candidate will have IBM DataStage (or similar ETL tool) and Cognos (or similar BI tools) experience combined with experience in database development (Netezza & SQL Server), data modelling, data warehouse development methodologies.
- User interface design skills will also be required to deliver ergonomic reports that meet the business need.
- This position is an engineering position and the person should be able to go from data warehouse design to data modelling to report development with relative ease.
- Partner with Business to define and document reporting/process requirements.
- Design and develop DataStage ETL jobs and sequences that meet end-user requirements.
- Integrate partner data feeds into existing data models.
- Model data into Cognos reporting environment, and develop professional quality Cognos reports for the Business.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in multiple technical and business areas as well as performing a larger leadership role in the organization.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to blend technical and analytical insight, and effectively communicate findings to both business and IT leaders.
- Identify current and emerging technologies that are consistent with BI Architecture and best practices.
- Evaluate various tools and technologies as applied to the company and to the BI environment.
- Work with Platform Architects to assist and support eCommerce and Supply Chain platform needs as required.
- Promote standards and best practices in data modelling, ETL and report development.
Participate in on-call rotation activities.
- 2+ years Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse experience.
- 2+ years ETL tool experience (preferably IBM DataStage).
- 2+ years reporting tool experience (preferably IBM Cognos).
- 2+ years Advanced Structured Query Language (SQL) programming experience.
- 2+ years Relational Databases experience (preferably Microsoft SQL Server and/or IBM Netezza).
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on teamwork and collaboration.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Preferably looking for male candidates.
- Looking for candidates who can join us immediately or max of 1 month of notice period.
FTD India Pvt Ltd.,
Block D – Wing II, 5th Floor,
Cyber Gateway Building, Hitech city,
Madhapur Village, Hyderabad – 500081.