Job Role: Associate Engineer/Testing Engineer
Eligibility: Any Graduate
Job Location: Pune
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety, and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration, and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
- Learn and understand the application under test.
- Understand and analyze requirement specification documents. Building scenarios and use cases for existing or new functionality. Generate/review/update the test suite accordingly.
- Locate to the best extent the inconsistencies, defects, performance issues, etc. with help of test cases, applying mind and common sense very well.
- Apply different types of testing and various techniques in order to locate as many issues as possible to make the application under test error-free.
- Use of the tools rolled out to help the testing team (e.g. QC, Gerrit) in order to create tasks, defects, get the latest installers, activity and time trackers, etc.
- Identify new targets for automation
- Total relevant years of experience should be 0 to 3 years in Manual Testing of Software Applications.
- Should have basic knowledge of what does it mean by Quality Assurance/control and Awareness of workflow followed in software testing etc. An attitude towards testing as a career is necessary.
- Knowledge of various types of testing will be required and useful. Any certification like ISTQB is not mandatory but is a plus.
- Working knowledge of operating computer that is using windows OS and or Linux OS.
- Ability to properly plan time, work management is required.
- Excellent English oral and written skills in email, documentation, phone calls, video conferencing
- Strong documentation practices
To apply for this job please visit emerson.taleo.net.