Job Location: Chennai
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances.
- Accountable for the production of high-quality software on a personal and team level adhering to all software engineering quality standards/ benchmarks.
- Collaborate and communicate with other developers and team members to build technical solutions that meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate a passion for the adoption of new tools, processes, and technical developments to drive continuous improvement by maintaining an in-depth understanding of relevant and up to date knowledge of applications and techniques.
- Ensure developed code is of high quality and cost-effective to maintain
- Develop close working relationships with the Business Analyst, Product Owner, Solution Architect,
- QA Engineer and Developers that form the team.
- A Decent understanding of emerging software development methods, tools and standards and actively keep this knowledge current.
- Good experience using frameworks and libraries such as Spring, Hibernate, JUnit, Mockito, Grunt, Jasmine, Karma, AngularJS
- Experience using project and dependency management tools such as Maven, Gradle, BackboneJS
- Passionate about Software Craftsmanship (e.g. Clean Code, Pair Programming, Peer Reviews, Test-Driven Development, Refactoring)
- Experience enforcing code quality using tools like Sonarqube and Checkmarx as feedback loops.
- Demonstrable experience owning and delivering user stories that incorporate tasks in all stacks of a web application
- Good knowledge of Object Orientated Programming/Design and associated concepts
- A natural collaborator keen to learn from others
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback at all levels
- Committed to agile software development and continuous delivery
To apply for this job please visit barclays.taleo.net.